How do I turn off the lights???

Is there a way?? I have a 2002 Grand Prix, and the lights are always on if the car is on. I've always wondered if you could shut them off, but I've never really needed to. However, just recently, I discovered a need to do this. Where I live, there's something called "Bright Nights," which happens every Christmas. It's a car ride through a park that's decorated with thousands of Christmas lights. I was ready to go the other night when it occured to me that you're required to ride around the park with parking lights on ONLY.

Anyway...just wondering if there is a way.

Thanks, VFBundy

Reply to
Vince F. Bundy

One click of the parking brake before you turn on the key will do it sometimes. If not see if this site gives you the info you need.

drl's only run about 40% of full headlamp brightness. I'm not sure if that would be enough to disrupt the christmas light viewings. Personaly I think the drl's should apply to the front two parking lights only like you would see on Firebirds or Vettes.

Reply to
Bon·ne·ville

What a numnuts that started this page. First of all, I live in MN and the climate compares very well to that of northern Sweden and Finland. Besides distance to the equator, also hot and cold ocean streams should be considered. The main reasons I have my lights on is salty roads that cause dirty mirrors and would make me harder to spot without my lights on. Second is a low sun, more lower sun in Scandinavia, but also more clouds. In short, their whole mission is based on BS. Besides that, glare is annoying in the dark, I NEVER had a problem in day light. Bunch of idiots that needed a problem.

On the other hand, I liked their ideas to bypass the DRL's, I always used to signal to oncoming cars without their lights on (except in cities), and the DRL's make that impossible. The full beam doesn't work, people don't see/understand what you're trying to say.

I'm a fast driver and do a lot of overtaking on highways. If you have your lights on I'll see you from TWICE the distance. Trust me, there are bigger idiots out there than me, and you don't want 'He was wrong' on your headstone!

Reply to
Baudolino

Amen brother!!

Reply to
clare

pull the DRL Fuse out for your trip then put it back in when you are done

Reply to
GT Grand Prix 00