How to remove chime unit/Check Eng. Light

Hiya.

I did my research before posting. I found the chime unit, it's orange and mounted to the left of the steering column. There's a wiring harness on the engine side of it that comes out easily enough. The unit moves easily back and forth but it doesn't pop out. I would like to rip the hell out of it and just plug a new one in to the harness but it appears on the dash side of the unit there are a few small wires going into it.

It's just below the turn signal lever, beside the steering column and almost impossible to get at. Has anyone successfully removed it? And how.

2) My check engine light does not go on. I can't see it being burnt out, but I can see the last owner disabling it as he also disabled a few other things (maybe I was ripped off). Is there an easy one fix wire for this? I needed it to run a diagnostic code check.

Thanks in advance

Reply to
Zig

Uh, what is it that you drive Zig? A 1954 Pontiac Chieftan didn't have a chime unit!

Reply to
Grayfox
1993 Grand Am SE

Reply to