how to turn off the change oil light on my grand prix

I have a 97 grand prix and I need some help on resetting the change oil light after maintaining my car.

Thanks in advance

Reply to
carlstevens

Carl,

I have a 98 Grand Prix. Here is what I do: Turn the key to the number 2 position. ( Do not start the car). Push the gas peddle to the floor fast 3 times and release. The oil light should start flashing after about 3-5 seconds. When it does you can turn the key back to off. Done.

Ed

Reply to
Ed

as i recall when i called the agency with this problem, the answer was this: turn the ignition switch to the on position with the key , then depress the accelerator pedal to the floor three times, then turn the ignition switch to the off position. notice this is not to the start position. a related sequence is when you have to buy a spare ignition key. to encode the new key, you have to insert the new key, move key to the on position, then back to the off/lock position before you use the key to start the car. without this procedure, the new key wont work. hope this helps.

Reply to
ferrarihound