Idiot lights or me!

I need some direction . I own a '98 Pontiac Trans Port(Montana) ABS, emergency brake and TCS lights all came on at once. Been like this for a few days. This morning dead as can be, 5 hours later started right up. I also noticed that the clock on the radio has been readable and not at different times. Not sure if the two are related. Any direction or ideas would be greatly appeciated. Thanks all!

Reply to
Abby320

I have a different car ('97 GA) and my experience in anecdotal only:

My manual gives instructions for resetting the ABS/ETS alerts (basically turning the car off and turning it back on), and if they go out after that, no big deal. If they come back on and stay on, your brakes need work.

As for the clock/radio display, my GA and a friend's '98 GP both often go funny - displaying nonsense, and in my car, which doesn't have a CD player, displaying CD information - and then after a while, displays properly. If this is your problem, in these two cars at least, it doesn't seem to mean a damn thing. I had the battery and alternator replaced in the GA (not because of the display problem) and it didn't make it stop. Neither the GA or the GA has had any problems with clock or stereo function. Again, anecdotal and for what it's worth.

Reply to
REP

Reply to
Philip