Install RCA extention to Pontiac Radio

Hello,

Recently, a friend showed me a job that circuit city did where they attacked RCA jack extentions to his car radio and then mounted the connectors onto the dash in so that he could plug his MP3 player into the system for $75. I was wondering if it were possible to do this job myself and where I could find directions to do such a job. Any start would be great. I have a Pontiac 2002 Grand AM with the factory radio installed.

Thank you, Flynfast

Reply to
flynfast

Greetings,

One device used to add RCA jacks to factory stereos is called "Aux2Car" that is made by a company called Peripheral, and if you search for it either on the net or eBay you should be able to find it easily enough. There are other brands (many custom fit to your radio, some generic fit), and most of them require nothing more than removing your radio and plugging it into the external CD player input or data bus connection. All of them will provide instructions.

Cheers - Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan

This message was written on 100% recycled spam. SAM >>

GM never makes a factory HU with RCA outs or ins on the back. You have to purchase a 3rd-party adapter to get yourself started. Try

they have some great adapters.

Reply to
Samuel Warren