Instrument Cluster voltage regulator?

Does anyone have a clue as to if there is a V regulator for the instument cluster on a 95 Grand Prix, and where it would be? My temp gauge and fuel gauge are goung wild and not staying stable. Temp climbs up to redline(fast) and then jumps back down. It will idle all day at op temp. Rev up the engine it climbs. I've tried 1. bleeding the cooling system, 2. changed the sending unit, 3. plugged in a different cluster with same results. Primary cooling fan does come on at 230 according to pyrometer. Fuel gauge acts like old school gauge. Turn corners it jumps to below empty and never stays stable like it used to. Botheproblems came together out of the blue. I'm out of options. Thanks.......

Reply to
Labrat

FWIW- I cleaned and improved all engine compartment grounds/bratterygrounds, etc. It didn't fix MY problem but it did good in a lot of other areas. My problem was a vacume leak. The ground cleaning helped my head light performance at night.

Good luck.

Reply to
Craig Watts

If this is an electronic cluster assembly, the problem may be in the cluster.

Reply to
hyundaitech