Interesting problem

I recently fulled the car up with gas without over filling. Yet Fuel leaked out of the gas cap and ran down the exterior side of the car below the fill cap opening. The cap was secure. When driving I could small gas in the cabin. Was told that this may be a problem with the evaporator canister. Is this really a possibility? Where is such a thing located? The car is a 1995 Pontiac Firebird.

Reply to
scott

Has the gas cap ever been replaced?

My '01 Grand Prix was throwing SES codes because of a worn out gas cap.

Does it leak right after you fill up, or after some driving?

Does it happen at every gas station (old, modern) or just your usual place?

_______________ Paul Michaels Ft. Lauderdale, FL

Paul Michaels

Scott, The canister is located behind the gas cap to the rear of the car. You'll have to remove the plastic shield (3 small sheet metal hex head bolts) and if I remember the shield around the gas cap also. You may wanna remove the wheel to make it easier and have a good light...it's dark in that area.

Good luck.........Stan

Reply to
BAD 4 GOOD