iPOD connection for OEM AC Delco stereo in Grand AM?

Hey! Has anyone rigged the OEM AC Delco stereos (like in a 1999 Grand AM) to accept an aux input for an iPOD or other MP3 player. I figure if it has an aux input it should be easy to run wires to a phono jack drilled into the dash. Any way to tell if the OEM stereo actually has such an input? Anyone hacked there stereo like this?

Reply to
michaelmarvel

I highly doubt your '99 Grand Am has an aux input. If I were you, I would go out and get a decent FM transmitter that hooks up to your Ipod and your car stereo picks it up on a specific FM station. I'm not sure how well they work, but I plan on getting one soon to hook up to my portable DVD player for the kids to watch.

Reply to
80 Knight

your stock deck has to have either a aux or a source button on it for it to work, so basically if your oem deck can control an oem cd changer, then your good

Reply to
M.C. Tee

If your OEM deck has a tape player then a cassette adapter will provide better sound than an FM modulator. Done right, you can hide the cord under the dash so it looks clean. I built a car computer for a Grand Cherokee and used that method successfully.

-rev

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Reply to
The Reverend Natural Light