is this group moderated, or owned by someone? (alt.autos.pontiac)

i'm looking for the owner of this group, or the moderator or some type of FAQ (rules about what can posted here). Does anyone know where I can find this information??

Thanks, Jon

Reply to
jon

I am the owner, moderator, gate keeper, judge and jury of this newsgroup and it would benefit you more to deal with me than with my ex-wife who now owns half of everything I have including one of my balls.... Seriously, the only thing you are not allowed to post here are questions about the FAQ.

Reply to
kato

well then, your exactly who i need to speak with. a couple of months ago i posted a message in here, that must have upset someone... i'll post a copy of it at the end of my message. personally i didn't think it was spam, but someone did...and contacted my nameserver company and complained. so now i need to prove to the company that it's not spam. would it be possible for you to email me so i could speak to you in private? if you don't want to do that i understand, i'll post the stuff here...just let me know..

jon snipped-for-privacy@minivanmadness.com

Reply to
jon

jon, I went back through the archives for the NG and I see that a couple of months ago, you did indeed post SPAM in this NewsGroup!!! WE must ask that you never post SPAM in this site again or we will have my wife pay you a visit and do unto you as she did unto me! ;-) But I digress. If I may be serious for a moment, Bell and Howell in Richfield, Ohio have asked me to report any SPAM that you post to: snipped-for-privacy@mci.com So be vewwy, vewwy careful! ;-)

Reply to
kato

okay thanks,

but i need a serious response about the spam, did i really spam? the post in question from godaddy is about my site

which is aminivan enthusiasts site. but i forgot the address i think, it hasinformation about pontiac minivans which is why it was posted inalt.autos.pontiac.

this is the post in question:

i created a site for those who like to work on your own vehicles. or for those who might like to try working on your vehicle, but need more help then a manual can give you.

it's still in the early stages, but with the help of those out there it can be huge.

so if you have any tips or howto's about your minivan, diagrams or images, send them my way. i would love to add them. if you think i'm missing something, or something should be changed let me know...i want this site to do what you need it too...

so whatever you got send it....

Reply to
jon

jon wrote: more spam

Methinks your simply trying to spam some more at this point.

Reply to
FBR

From: jon ( snipped-for-privacy@minivanmadness.com) Subject: MiniVan Madness's First Showcase Van - Eric's VanagonS This is the only article in this thread View: Original Format Newsgroups: alt.autos, alt.autos.dodge, alt.autos.ford, alt.autos.honda, alt.autos.nissan, alt.autos.oldsmobile, alt.autos.pontiac, alt.autos.toyota Date: 2004-03-15 18:37:28 PST

I'd like to invite everyone to

to check outEric's VanagonS. It's the first showcase, of which I hope to have awhole lot more, for the site and I think it's a pretty sweet minivan. Eric started with a poopy vanagon, then dropped in a WRX motor...there more details, some pictures and even a small video clip to hear the sound of the engine.

So please take a moment to stop by

(main site)
(eric's vanagonS) see I remembered the link this time...lol

Reply to
kato

i will agree that was a promotional message, but that isn't the post in question. the post inquestion is the one i posted above. i need to know if that is a spam post. if it is, fine, if it isn't fine...i just need to know then i can put all this to rest...

alt.autos.toyota

Reply to
jon

Let's see, it's off topic, it's crossposted, it's meant to drive traffic to your site... Yup, spam. Perhaps it needs to be reported again?

Reply to
FBR

#Yes, that was spam. That was unsolicited advertisement of your website. No #matter how relevant it is, it was still spam. ... Because it's #unsolicited.

Whoever reported the guy for posting that needs urgently to get a life. Spam is harmful to net communities. What that guy posted harmed no one, and indeed was on-topic for this newsgroup.

Mitch

Reply to
Mitch Barrie

#Am I missing something here?

Human nature. Many, many people are meddlesome jerks.

Mitch

Reply to
Mitch Barrie

How is a crossposted ad for a minivan with a Subaru WRX engine trying to drive traffic to a website pertinent to a pontiac site?

Reply to
FBR

This is clearly spamming. So I hope we can all agree that it's spam and "jon" should NOT be doing stuff like this. The nameserver company needs to hold their ground. I'm curious to know what their criteria is for letting him off the hook. He can say he made posts that weren't spam, but he shouldn't get off the hook for that.

alt.autos.toyota

Reply to
Joe

Also it would be nice if "jon" would put away his sock puppets and go play somewhere else.

Reply to
FBR

#How is a crossposted ad for a minivan with a Subaru WRX engine trying to #drive traffic to a website pertinent to a pontiac site?

The content he posted seemed relatively on-topic.

However, I wasn't aware of the crossposting. I agree that widely crossposting the article was indeed abuse.

Apologies.

Mitch

Reply to
Mitch Barrie