Jet Chip upgrade for 96 Grand Am Se

I'm thinking of getting the Jet Chip upgrade for my 1996 Grand Am SE and I would like to know how better the performance increase is from those who have installed on their Grand Am's. If you have installed the Jet Chip upgrade I would like to know how it has worked for you. Please reply to this post.

Thank You.

Reply to
Tony

I haven't installed one. I know a guy that had a chip put in his 2000 Mustang, and got about 25-30 hp from it. Of course, different car, and bigger engine. I think you could expect an inproved torque curve, (which would be excellent!) and around 10 hp or so. Which, with a GA that origanally only has 150-160 to start with, that's a decent improvement. Heck, the Camaro SS only had a 15 hp advantage over the Z28 at the end.

Tony

P.S. IMO, if you're planning on doing some other mods, i.e. cold air intake, exhaust.... I would do the chip last probably. And you'll get better results.

Reply to
Tony V.