Just one injector ?

I have a bad fuel injector in my 1996 pont grand prix

3.1 litre. I was told I have to replace all the injectors at the same time in order to keep the fuel system in balance. I want to replace just the one that is bad. as they are very expensive. Has anyone in this group ever replaced just one ? I should also say that I was planning on buying one from advanced auto parts, or autozone, so it will not be the delco (or whatever gm uses) that came from the factory when this car was first made. I think they sell GP Sorenson or Bosch . I welcome any thoughts or ideas from the group. Thanks Mike
Reply to
Mike

Should be no problem replacing just the one bad one.

Steve

Reply to
Old And In The Way

Reply to
Shep

ive done it before aswell, just replaced the bad one, but i did use delco, but i cant see it making a difference

Reply to
M.C. Tee

I have replaced just one. There is some validity to the concept of "balance", because the computer only has one oxygen sensor to look at, and it's going to have to rely on the average of all the injectors. But that's just on paper, and frankly there's no reason to think your other 5 injectors are balanced now. I think you can safely ignore balance. That's what I did.

Reply to
Joe