Key won't turn ignition switch on

Ok, I see that my last message didn't get posted, so here goes: Ok, my car won't start, I actually had this problem before but I was able to wiggle the key and work with it until I got it started, but now I can't even do that. Oh, by the way, I replaced the Neutral Safety Switch, thinking it was that, but it hasn't worked. I think that my problem might be the Alarm System/Anti-Theft System, because all the dashboard lights and the radio still comes on. I am not a mechanic or anything of the like, but I want to repair my car if I can. I hope I gave enough information. Thank you in advance

Reply to
Nahnee
1: if your saying the key wont turn,and your key doesnt have a chip in it, then you can take your vin number to the dealer and get the key code, then take the code to a locksmith and have a new key made, that has worked twice for me. ....2: if you have a chip in the key if your key doesnt turn,then youll have to get a new key and have the dealer program it so your computer recognizes it...3: if you have non chip key or chipped key and it turns but doesnt crank the engine, then youll need to have mechanic trace the problem...lucas

ds549

Lucas, thank you very much for the advice. I have already done the latter. It isn't the key...I wish it was...LOL...it would be so much easier*S*. Thank you

Reply to
Nahnee

Great link! Very appropriate for the day!

Reply to
StingRay

"" wrote: > Ok, I see that my last message didn't get posted, so here > goes: Ok, my car > won't start, I actually had this problem before but I was able > to wiggle > the key and work with it until I got it started, but now I > can't even do > that. Oh, by the way, I replaced the Neutral Safety Switch, > thinking it > was that, but it hasn't worked. I think that my problem might > be the Alarm > System/Anti-Theft System, because all the dashboard lights and > the radio > still comes on. I am not a mechanic or anything of the like, > but I want to > repair my car if I can. I hope I gave enough information. > Thank you in > advance

need new ignition cylinder if the key wont turn or jiggle and because you cant get the ignition cylinder seperated from the switch you will need both pieces

Reply to
GPGTX