Keyless Door Locks

I have a Pontiac GTP that has keyless door locks. The keyfobs are Pontiac, the system programs according to the manual, lights flash like they should, etc. When I purchased the car I thought it was a factory item. I was told by the Pontiac dealer when I tried to get the system repaired that this was an after market install. They could not explain the above ..... only that the control box under the dash was an after market one. They could not identify the manufacturer.

Any ideas on how this might be? How can the manufacturer be identified for repair?

Reply to
Marshall Kult

Possibly the reson the dealer couldn't identify the name of the aftermarket company is because the name is facing up toward the winshield or firewall. Try taking the control box down and look on all six side for a name.

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE, 3800 V6 _~_~_~_~273,777 miles_~_~_ ~_~_
Reply to
Harry Face

More than likely, it is a Pursuit system. They are commonly installed by dealers as dealer add-ons, with GM key fobs. Pursuit is made by Audiovox.

--

98 Camaro

Reply to
98 Camaro