Left Turn front side marker on 96 Sunfire GT

Here's something weird. My left turn signal dash indicator flashed faster than the right side one and when the headlights are on, the left turn indicator on the dash lights up. On inspection I noticed that the left front side marker light was burnt out. When I replaced it with another 194 bulb the condition remained. I looked at the old bulb closer and noticed that it isn't burnt out but the side marker light barely illuminates when the headlights are on but it illuminates normally with the left turn signal on(although it flashes quite a bit faster than 'normal' or the right turn signal. With the headlights on the left turn indicator stays on with the new 194 bulb. Inspection of the socket and wire doesn't reveal anything abnormal. I'm not a mechanic but could this be a turn signal flasher problem? Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.

Jason

Reply to
madchow

either the flasher or a bad ground.

Reply to
Paradox

You don't mention if you checked the rear one yet?

Reply to
BLueCoBra

Bad ground somewhere. You might as well clean them all.

Reply to
=?x-user-defined?Q?=AB?= Paul =?x-user-defined?Q?=BB?=

"=?x-user-defined?Q?=AB?= Paul =?x-user-defined?Q?=BB?=" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@pyats.rr.co.tx:

Well, I cleaned all the sockets and changed all the bulbs while I had the lenses off and all the lights work now. I'm kind of shocked at the price of the front turn signal bulbs (a pain as the headlights had to come off to access the socket) and the tailight bulbs (3357's and 3057's). It was still cheaper than bringing the car into a shop.

Thanks for the responses. I am 'enlightened' again.

Jason

Reply to
madchow

we dont suspect the turn signal relay but it wont hurt to change it and all the bulbs. spray the sockets out with starting fluid

Reply to
GREASY DICK