Lemon Grand Am GT!!!

Well, I think I have bought a lemon!!! Here is what I have been back to the dealer for.

4-28-03 7148 Miles Took GA GT to Sherwood Pontiac for 4 different things.
  1. Lower intake manifold leaking oil on back of engine by rear head.
  2. Carpet falling down in trunk ( Cut too short )
  3. Side mirrors fading from black to Grey
  4. Service engine light came on 4-26-03, then went back off 4-27-03. ? code

4-30-03 7153 Miles Got car back from dealership.

  1. Fixed lower intake manifold oil leak.
  2. Ordered carpet for trunk
  3. Replaced side mirrors
  4. Code 0157 (MAP Sensor has an internal short) Replaced MAP Sensor

5-7-03 7372 Miles Took back to dealer for 4 things:

  1. Coolant leak
  2. SES light
  3. Trunk interior parts
  4. Burning oil smell.

5-13-03 7384 Miles Picked car back up from dealer.

  1. Coolant leak was from bypass tube at lower intake. Lower intake was replaced.
  2. Codes P1107 and P0107, both MAP sensor codes. Cleared codes.
  3. Replaced L/Side trunk carpet and trunk latch plastic cover.
  4. Dealer could not duplicate the burning oil smell.

7-01-03 8865 Miles Took car back to dealer for 4 things:

  1. Another oil leak started.
  2. SES light had been on 6 or 7 different times.
  3. Car is getting hard to start.
  4. Rattle under car.

7-01-03 8886 Miles Brought car back home same day.

  1. I was told that the oil leak was not bad enough to repair. If it wasn't dripping on the ground, it wouldn't be fixed!!!
  2. Looked at codes. P0107 had been logged 3 times. P01107 had been logged 4 different times. Nothing else done for codes!!!
  3. Problem not addressed. I was told to keep track of the times it was hard to start!!!
  4. Rattle not looked at. Car was not pulled into the shop at all!!

I have been there more times than that, but these are the ones that I have documented.

I bought the car in November 02 brand new.

I am going to give them one more chance to fix my car. After that, I am going to try to Lemon Law it. I have 9080 miles on my car, and over 500 of them have been going back and forth from the dealer to try to get it fixed.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the car, but I am having WAY too many problems with the engine. Oh Well.

Reply to
Joel