Liquid found underneath the bumper on the floor?

Hi,

I just found out after backing out the 2000 Montana van, there was a small puddle of liquid (semi dry out) right underneath the bumper on the floor very close to the front passenger wheel.

I rubbed off the floor with paper towel but I couldn't smell it and I couldn't identify the colour as the floor is dirty with winter driving so it's pretty dark. My wishful thinking is just some sort of water from underneath the car as here in Ontario, it's snowing season and it could just be snow melting?

However, my van was back from the famous 3.4L gasket leaking problem and I haven't found any leaking in engine oil nor coolant. Hopefully it's not another leak.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated,

Simon

Reply to
Newbie

This just happened about a month and a half ago with my 95 GP. Ended up being the transmission lines that go into the radiator were leaking. I don't know if they're in the same spot on your Montana or not. If you can't tell what color the fluid is, slide a piece of cardboard under the same spot over night and it should be easier to identify.

BLueCoBra

Reply to
BLueCoBra

I took the van in today and they found the radiator cap not sealing properly. They replaced it and I'll keep an eye on it for the next few days.

Last night I did put a white paper towel and this morning I found a puddle of slightly pink colour fluid. Kinda the same colour when I had the gasket problem few weeks back.

Glad the dealer didn't charge me for the rad cap, guess they don't worth much anyway.

Thanks,

Simon

Reply to
Newbie

its your air conditioner stupid, all cars do that. its iceing up from the freon then it melts off. you will find that it is like melted snow water

Reply to
GREASY DICK