Looked at G6 Coupe Today

Had a chance to look at a G6 GTP Coupe at the dealer today. Not impressed at all with the looks. I knew GM and Toyota shared engines and have done other business together but damn!...did they have to steal the design from a Toyota Solara?? I am in the market for a new car and I want something fresh...the G6 coupe looks like a rehashed Toyota Solara! If you get a G6 Coupe and want it to get a few positive glances then you better get it in black because its the only color that has any appeal on this car. The lot had a black one and a red one, the red one would have been right at home sitting on a Toyota lot. I have been waiting for this car to come out, but now I will keep looking for something a bit sporty yet classy. The G6 dosnt offer any classic lines, its a run of the mill design. Another annoying feature about this car is that jacked up rear end look. The space between the tires and fender wells looks to be at least 2 inches, nothing sleek about that. If you want sleek then you want it low all the way around, not that silly low in the front high in the back look. All I can say is thank god for the Solstice because its the only thing I believe can save Pontiac. I didnt drive the car since I didnt like it anyway, but hopefully the drive is better than the looks. The only way I would buy that car is if I could get some incentives bringing the price to $16k max, no way would anywhere near what they are expecting to sell it for. Pontiac needs to fire its CEO and designers and get a fresh new start.

C.D. Burner

Sadly, alot of cars today look like a lot of other cars. Personally, I like the G6, although it does have a lot in common with the Solara. C.D. Burner, I don't know what your budget is, but IMHO, the upcoming Saturn Sky is worth waiting for. I saw it side by side with the Solstice at the Toronto International Car Show back in January and I think the Sky is much sweeter.

Reply to
StingRay

Pontiac doesn't have a CEO any more :(. GM killed everything about the divisions except the names over the past four decades.

John

Reply to
John Horner

Hadn't even heard of it until I saw this post ... First impression is damn! nice looking car!

Reply to
REP