Looking for info on Engine Code reader

Hello, I have seen several websites shows engine code with a reference table and I thought this could be beneficial for me. I am looking for information to buy (or not to buy) an engine code reader for GM Pontiac Bonneville and Sunfire GT (2.4L year 2000). I am planning to use it as an information or for home engine trouble shooting purpose.

Questions:

1/ Is there something I can buy from automotive shop that offer the same codes reading capability as in GM garage? 2/ Can I use the same code reader unit for Sunfire or other GM product ? 3/ Can I use the same code reader on other made vehicle such as Volvo? and lastly ! 4/ Which code reader model is the best buy for the buck?

Thanks for the help.

MN

Reply to
Mnn

Bon·ne·ville

Thanks for the info. I am wondering why would you need palm pilot? Doesn't the code reader has a screen? Do you have a link for obdII? If it need a palm pilot, I do have palm III. Regards, MN

Reply to
MN

If you got a palm III then your half way there. About 200 bucks for the hook up and your set. Heres the company I bought mine off of.

are others so do some shopping around using google seaches.

Reply to
Bon·ne·ville

Reply to
Geoff Welsh

Yeah those are great! I wish there was one for 94 though .. :(

Reply to
clevere

--=20

-Bon=B7ne=B7ville