Low Idle RPM Surges

I have a 1997 Pontiac Grand with the 3.1 6 cyl engine. Sometimes at idle, it will start a cycle of low to high to low to high engine RPM cycle. Perhaps 500 rpm to 800 rpm rate. Kind of reminds me of when the a lawn mower is running out of gas. Does not always do this, hot or cold engine does not seem to matter. Any idea

thanks

Reply to
hardworking

Could be any number of things. A good idea would probably be to clean the throttle body out as best as you can with it installed, and remove and clean the IAC (Idle Air Control) valve and see if that helps.

Tony

Reply to
Tony V.