Lower trim/panel on passangers side door is coming off

Does anyone know how to fix this door panel on my Pontiac Vibe. Looks like I need to take it off and slide it back on, there are these nail like protrusions that have popped out of the slot, I am just not sure what is involved and don't want to tear it up in the process. Here are some pictures that show what it looks like. .

Thanks for any help in advance.

JohnB ajohnbe at hotmail.com

Reply to
JohnB

The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! >100,000 Newsgroups---= - Total Privacy via Encryption =---

Reply to
Shep

I don't know what caused it, it is the wifes car. I tried pushing it back in but it would not snap back in. There doesn't appear to be any damage, I suspect that the door panel caught on something and it just popped out of several of the sockets. I need to know how it comes off so I can pull it off and slide it back on the connectors. It is a very cheaply designed system.

Reply to
JohnB

Not sure if this applies to your car. The clips may slide onto a a row of double rivet heads in the door

The molding would then snap on the clips. Some clips I've seen on some cars have spring like ears on the bottom of the clip.

If you have the molding off in your hand you would typically put the molding on starting at the bottom of the clip making sure all the spring ears fit in the groove on the back of the molding.

Straighten the molding till its almost touching the door at the top edge. Then, lift up on the bottom of the molding. What you are doing is springing the clips upward so you can clip the top edge of the molding over the top part of the molding clip attached to the door.

Once the top edge of the molding has cleared the top of the clips press the top of the molding in toward the door, ease up on the upward pressure your exerting on the molding and as the molding springs down it will catch on the top part of the clips. Might be help for a second person to help.

Also check for any screws inside the door that may hold the outer edge molding in place.

Hope this helps

Good Luck

harryface

Reply to