MAF PO102 code

I have the code P0102 and replaced my MAF on my 1999 Grand Prix, 3.8L. I am still getting the code and the tech I took it to gave me this diag: MAF sensor circuit low freq. Diag as intermittent open in wire coming out of MAF sensor. I replaced the connector and I am still getting the error. Yes, I was careful in the connector replacement - I have done these connector replacements before.

Any ideas how I can check the operation of the MAF with a DVM or even a Oscope? Another post said to try the IAC. "The IAC is inexpensive and may be causing some issues. You may want to also clean the throttle body and the idle air control motor."

But would the IAC give the same code?

Thanks for the help, Michigan

Reply to
MichEE