Missing the F-Body

Note, to the moron who wrote the article: There's no such thing as a Pontiac "big block".

Chevrolet had a big block engine, the 396/402 and a small block engine, the 327/350. Pontiac had only one size block, the 389/421/400/428/455. GW

Reply to
Geoff Welsh

I won't miss them....they weren't particularly fun to work on.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

Reply to
BAD 4 GOOD

Reply to
George King

If we're getting picky, there was also the 260! Hard to believe, but a smaller and weaker 301! Or was it a 265? Oh well, it was a real piece of crap, and after thinking it over, maybe wasn't worth mentioning in the first place...

Reply to
InjunRAIV

Reply to
Paul O.

Well, now it was a 265, but the 265 and 301 weren't out of the same block dimensions, and have no business in this thread. This thread that states Pontiac only made one block. Hey, wait a minute......

Reply to
Joe

265/301 are short deck blocks. Still doesn't make a "small block/big block Pontiac" like all the Chebbie morons are always asking.
Reply to
Dennis Smith

.....and they sure weren't GTO era, as was the point of the high school creative writing....I mean "article", href'd in the OP.

GW

Reply to
Geoff Welsh

If you forgot what you'er missing, catch the AMC channel. They had Smoky & the Bandit I and II on Christmas Eve. Not once, but back to back reruns. Nice to recall what a Qutrojet sounded like. It made me gad to have a 95 red TA parked in the garage waiting to go to Grandmam's house!

Reply to
Seppburgh2