Montana Rear Wipper

I have a 2000 Montana & the rear wiper stopped working (it stopped in the middle). Does anyone think it could be the motor is dead or just somer cable problems.

thanks Mike

Reply to
Michael Juneau

More than likely it is the switch assembly in the motor. Check power plug cable when you remove it to make sure you have the power to the motor with the wiper switch on.

Reply to
MN

so is that part of the motor or an individual changeable piece ?

basically my question is ,what would I need to change?

mike

Reply to
Michael Juneau

I am not sure for that particular van. I have 92 Transport and it is part of the motor. Your best is to contact dealer.

Reply to
MN

A new development today I started my van & the rear wiper (witch was in the wrong position) started to make a noise like gr gr gr gr gr gr so I pushed it by hand then it went back to the park position. But if I turn it on again it will stop in the wrong position and make the sound again gr gr gr gr gr until I push it back by hand. So what do you think? probably the motor?

mike

Reply to
Michael Juneau

Typically, there is a set switch plates or a ring position either on the motor shaft or gears assembly. As the motor turn, the switch plates moves with the shaft to make the electrtical contact at various positions. This is how the motor get its power to return the arm back to park position. If you are able to push on the arm, (strange but..) you essentially help to make the contact. This is a type of job that I would be right in without a waste of time (well my time consider free when come to car) and taking it apart to determine the root cause. Of course you can buy a new one. but you will never know what has failed in the first place and that mean it could fail again.

P.S: Rear motor is diff. from car to car so its internal construstion will be slightly difference. Taking it apart should be done slowly to ensure proper washers/shims or order of stackup. Have fun!

Reply to
MN