my 1985 Pontiac Trans Am

the old girl has been having trouble starting. I dont think it the battery but im not sure what i could be. The car will turn over sometimes butothers it wont turn over at all but all the light and radio still are getting power can any one help me find out whats going on

Reply to
Coleman

Ben Boyle

Poor connections at the battery. Poor connections at the starter, or grounds. Crappy cables. Crappy battery. Worn starter solenoid. Bad ignition switch. Theft-Loc problem. Demonic possession. GW

Reply to
Geoff Welsh

Check for a bad ground. Check the archives on the LS1.COM forum for the LT1. There is a computer that controls reads the code off the key, it could have a bad ground or the computer is going.

If you switch keys, does it do the same thing. If the resister is not being read, that will prevent starting.

Let us know what the problem/solution is.

Reply to
Seppburgh2