My 94 Pontiac Bonneville has a "stuttering" problem!

This car runs great except when it shifts to second gear. It seems to stutter a little bit going up a hill or slowing and then accelerating again. When on the highway this car runs out great. Would a transmission kit help?

Reply to
jlewis

Change filter and put in a bottle of LubeGuard.......good stuff Maynard.....

Reply to
BushmanBro

Your problem may be related to what I experienced with our '95 Bonne... at low RPM's when shifting gears, or slowly accelerating on a hill, there was that stuttering. It turned out to be a bad spark plug wire; I was sweating it for quite a while and thinking it was a transmission problem. Also, spark plugs can be so worn down as to cause this same effect by mis-firing. There could be other causes, but these are the ones I've experienced......jeff

Reply to
JeffPauley