My ponctiac g am 98 has a check on the board

Hi all My ponctiac gran am 98 has a check sign on the board but it runs great, I don't understand what is it. The mileage is 147000. Can anyone help me? Thanks

Reply to
biyogmam

Yea, anybody that has a scanner and will scan it for you.

Reply to
doane_nut

You need 2 things. The first is proper spelling. The second is an OBD II scanner tool. It will tell you what the code(s) are. That is if by "check sign on the board" you mean a service engine light. It's much easier for people to respond when you take the time to write a proper post. Once you have the code(s), post them and someone will tell you what they mean, and give you advice on how to deal with it. Until then, there's nothing anyone here can do to help you.

Reply to
80 Knight

I find it hard to believe someone can't spell the name of there car, when it's wrote right on the side of it. And you are correct. I am Canadian, so I don't speak French :-P

Reply to
80 Knight

You must not be from Quebec. There I find more French speaking than English but some bilingual.

Reply to
Micah

I'm from Ontario, and proud of it. I don't really consider Quebec to be part of Canada, and neither do some of them.

Reply to
80 Knight

s messages pr=E9c=E9dents -

HI, it seems like my english has taken away your mind from my original problem. Please don't mind since i'm just doing my best for you to understand me, i'm from a french speaking country. Thanks for those who took my defence and sorry about that. But still, i haven't solve my problem. I went to the mechanic last week and he scanned the engine and told me there were nothing serious and even dropped out the "check engine light" , but yesterday evening it came back again. What do you think?

Reply to
biyogmam

Did he tell you what code was set?

[...]

johnoz19

If the mechanic didn't think it was important, it could have been a loose fuel cap. When you put your gas cap on, after refueling, tighten it untill it clicks 3 or 4 times.

HI, it seems like my english has taken away your mind from my original problem. Please don't mind since i'm just doing my best for you to understand me, i'm from a french speaking country. Thanks for those who took my defence and sorry about that. But still, i haven't solve my problem. I went to the mechanic last week and he scanned the engine and told me there were nothing serious and even dropped out the "check engine light" , but yesterday evening it came back again. What do you think?

Reply to
johnoz19

Why wouldn't he tell him the problem though? Which DTC was cleared.

Reply to
Micah

You have my apologies. What was the code that triggered the check engine light?

Reply to
80 Knight