Need help with 1997 Bonneville fuel pump probs

I bought a 1997 Pontiac Bonneville,6 cylinder front wheel drive, with

107,000 miles on it. The problem is that the fuel pump isn?t pumping enough fuel to the engine. The pump can be heard making a very slight hum but isn?t pumping enough gas to crank the engine. Two brand new fuel pumps have been replaced and new pump re-installed so the fuel pump itself is evidently not the problem. If anyone can be of help in determining the problem and providing some helpful answers to my dilemma, I?d be eternally grateful! :?
Reply to
DarrieStar

The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! >100,000 Newsgroups---= - Total Privacy via Encryption =---

Reply to
Shep

After further examination, I have found that if the computer box (not sure what the technical name of this is) with the number 10287337 over the bar code on it and the number 5299 with the letters REV-Z2765 underneath the bar code on the box--is removed then the car will crank and run for a minute or so. Then the cars acts as if it has run out of fuel and the motor dies. When the box is plugged back in and turn the ignition a couple of times and unplug the box again, the motor will run again for another couple of minutes before the motor dies again. Does anyone have an idea what this may mean? I?m sorry I don?t know the technical name of the computer box in question, I?m not familiar with these kinds of mechanical problems :oops: ....Thanks again. :?

The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! > >100,000 Newsgroups > ---= - Total Privacy via Encryption =---

Reply to
DarrieStar

For starters, have you done what Shep suggested? Secondly, does the "SECURITY" light on the dash board ever come on?

80_Knight