need help with 95 Bonneville 3.8L

I am having a problem with my car stalling and bogging down when I mash the pedal. The problem started about 2 weeks ago after the car was pretty warmed up from driving home from work. I was at a stop light and it started idling funny like it was missing and it stalled. I was able to get it started drove it for about 2 miles further and it stalled when I stopped at the stop sign. Here are some of the things I changed this weekend. New air filter Salvaged coil pack Salvaged computer with my prom New plugs New fuel filter Last winter I had a new fuel pump and tank put in, but I hadn't had this problem before or after that until now so I am not thinking it is that. I verified the check engine light lights by turning on the key, but I am not getting any check engine light when it stalls or runs rough. Also, when it isn't stalling and seems to be running fine i can make it run like crap (bog down like it isn't getting any fuel) by punching the pedal to the floor. Then it pops and farts and wants to stall. Any ideas where I can go next? Could it be the TPS or maybe fuel injectors? The filter was pretty nasty when I changed it.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks Shane

Reply to
gorehound

One of my older Bonnie's did that when I first bought it. Turned out to be a bad coil pack. I got another one from a scrap yard, and it still did the same thing. Bought a new one, and all was well again. Keep in mind, not all things bought from scrap yard's (especially electrical) actually work correctly. Also, what did you remove the computer from? Are you talking about the computer in the engine bay, on the driver's side?

Reply to
80 Knight

Reply to
Shep

----- Original Message ----- From: "80 Knight" Newsgroups: alt.autos.pontiac Sent: Sunday, August 26, 2007 5:43 PM Subject: Re: need help with 95 Bonneville 3.8L

The computer I changed was the one under the dash on the passenger side inside. I did notice the one under the hood on the drivers side and was wondering if that was the PCM and if that could be the problem, any thoughts? Every thing is so expensive to buy new (I think the ignition module assuming without the coils was from $145-$186), that's why I posted here to see if anyone had this problem.

Thanks for the help. Shane

Reply to
gorehound

Shep is one of the most knowledgeable around here. Give his suggestions a try. And you're right, parts are damned expensive.

Reply to
80 Knight