new Goat - PICT0235_CROP.jpg (0/1)

Hi Group,

A word to all you professed Pontaic afficianados, the 2005 GTO RULES! This is a kickass machine, 0-60 sub 5 seconds, low 13 quarter mile. To get close to a machine like this, 9.25 lbs/hp, in a decent sized rwd coupe (sedan) you will pay in excess of $43K. The Goat is ~$33K list, mine was $30K with the recent employee discount promotion.

I traded in a 2000 Camaro SS only because I could upgrade in performance and still keep my Tremec 6 speed, which I love. Add an independent rear supension, 75 more hp and a few more pounds and we are happy. As I told the salesperson, the idea is faster, not slower.

Torrid red with power seats comparable to Recaro, suede liners on the doors and below the dash, Blaupunkt in-dash CD changer with 10 speakers, the list goes on. There are no options other than the Tremec and unless you need a DVD player for the kids, you miss don't them. BTW, the back seats sit a full size person person just fine but a little time-consuming moving the seat back and foward with a button near the seat shift lever for entry.

As far as the front seats go, I'm a big guy and so is my best friend. We can sit in the GTO and share the center arm rest elbow to elbow without a problem and plenty of head room. Either of us can sit in the back seat with the other in the front without a problem. If you want this performance level and you are lucky enough to be a small person with small friends, the Nissan 350Z is the car for you. If not, you will not find a better deal than the Goat.

One last word, I have owned this car for 2 months now. I have been stopped 3 times in parking lots by people wanting to know about it. Persons have come out of drive in restaurants to ogle it and heads turn regularly on the street. I admit I have it properly detailed but this is not your Daddy's car, it looks good and I am the Daddy.

boggie

Reply to
boggie