No interior electrical at startup

In this group I found the following message

2002 Pontiac Grand AM GT...

The car fires up, but I don't have any electrical on the inside (dash, windows, locks, headlights, etc..) for a delay of 10-15 seconds. This doesn't happen every time, but it is quite frequent (and the delay isn't always the same). The dealer replaced the BCM, but that didn't fix the problem. It occurred again a few days later and has been happening ever since.

I can't isolate a specific condition when this happens, but it does seem to occur quite a bit after the car has been sitting out in the hot sun all day while I'm at work.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

-------------------------------------------------- I've got 2000 Grand AM GT... The picture is exactly the same. Delay is variable up to 1 min. I cannot find specific confition when it happens.

Once again, any ideas?

Josh, if you found the problem please let me know.

Thank you

Reply to
tvmanus

The problem is in 1 of 2 places...the underhood electrical center or the Ignition switch. I'd put my money on the ignition switch.....i have replaced many for electrical faults.

Reply to
MrGoodwrench