Normal Anti-Freeze Usage?

For some time now my 2000 Bonneville SSEi has been using roughly 16 ounces of coolant every 4-5 weeks. There is no leak or dripping anywhere. The only thing I can think of is it's because I make a lot of short trips under 5 miles in length. I try to make sure the car gets warmed up, but this time of year it's tough when work is only .9 miles away. Don't feel much like driving around on my way home.

From my experience 16 ounces is excessive for a 4-5 week period. Everything else is fine with it and the temperature never gets away from where it should be.

Any thoughts?

Lee

Reply to
Lee C. Carpenter

Oh No ! Don't tell me the most talked about subject is going to come up again?

Dex Cool and Intakes and Gaskets, Oh My !

Seriously, Check everything coolant related. Rad Hoses, clamps, water pump, freeze plugs, radiator, cracked over flow bottle, caps, by pass hose & pipe, Heater Hoses, etc.

Good Luck

Harryface

05 Park Avenue, 33,437 91 Bonneville LE 305,177
Reply to
Harry Face

yuor antifreeze has most likely lost it's additive package.you can flush your cooling system and replace you antifreeze or WYNNS EXTEND makes an exellent rad stop leak that can be added to your existing it also has some other additves that will help other areas of your cooling system WYNNS has many OEM approvals and this is an exellent product that will not hurt your cooling system

Reply to
misfire

Your mention of the Wynn's product piqued my interest. Finally found the Wynn's USA site with Google, but it was essentially worthless. The Wynn's Canada site however had a lot of information on the X-Tend line of products. Is this stuff not available in the USA? If it is, where?

Reply to
Silver Surfer