Oil Filter Replacement 2002 SunFire ?

Hello !
Has anyone found a "secret" way to get the oil filter in and out on a 2002 Sunfire. It's on the firewall side of the block but unless you have a
boneless arm how do you easily get it in and out ?
Thanks & Take Care Roy
"R2" <a> wrote in message

2.2 or 2.4?
2.2, the screwon disposable one ?
Take Care Roy

some 2002's had the ecotec as well, assuming its a 2200, reach down from the top by the power steering pump, isn't too hard to get
"R2" <a> wrote in message

Thanks ! I'll give it a go, it's a bear from the bottom :-)
Take Care Roy

R2 wrote:

Yeah, they are nasty, aren't they? I go in thru the wheel well area. You can actually reach your arm thru there and grab it. Now is someone before you decided to over torque the filter, it's tough to get it off as you don't have much leverage. In that case, you can slide a filter wrench in thru the same spot and loosen the filter. You then slide it out over the right lower control arm area, making a mess as you go. Typical GM bullshit.
Ian
Thanks Ian !
I'll have a look at that, thanks for the info !
Wouldn't you like to spend some time with the engineer that figured that was a good place for a filter ( that in my case needs access every 4 to 6 week ) with a tire iron and a couple of your friends and illustrate his misunderstanding of that location ?
Take Care Roy