Oil leaks

I have a 2000 Bonneville and 2000 Grand Prix, both with 3.8L engines and both with about 100k miles. Both have small oil leaks somewhere on the engine which I can't readily find and which result in a burned oil smell. They don't leak much because I can find only an occasional drop of oil on the driveway. Is this a common problem and what is required to repair - parts required, cost, etc? I'm sure this is a common problem - I just don't know the exact cause. I've heard something about intake manifold. Thanks.

Reply to
DJ

My '00 GTP is leaking oil onto the exhaust manifolds... and it looks like it's coming from the valve covers. NAPA lists the valve cover gaskets alone for about $15 but if you need the gaskets and "grommets" it's about $60... so my guess is that whatever the "grommets" are; they're probably leaking. LOL It looks like their could be a "grommet" under the head every retaining bolt, but I haven't pulled the covers yet to see.

Reply to
David Courtney