oil pressure sending unit

Where is the oil pressure sending unit on a 301 engine? If it's write above the oil filter then the sender I just bought from Year One will never fit. I'm replacing the stock idiot lights with factory gauges and need to replace the oil pressure sender. I ordered the correct unit but there is no way it will fit where the exisiting sender is. The idiot light sender is very small and the gauge sender is almost the size of a small yogurt container. Does it go anywhere else?

Thanks, David

Reply to
D&LBusch

It goes where the old sender was. I have one here I can look at - I'll try to reply tomorrow. If worse comes to worst, you can alway add a few fittings, like an elbow, to get it where you can fit it.

Reply to
Joe

Reply to
D&LBusch