On-Star Problem

My On-Star has stopped working. I renewed, and the problem is not my account, it's mechanical. The system went dead the same day I went through an automatic car wash, which I've done numerous times with this car ('00 SSEi). I think that may be unrelated to the problem. The system doesn't do anything. I have a red light displayed instead of the typical green. I e-mailed On-Star and they told me if the "connect" button didn't work that I should take the car to my dealer. Naturally, I'm trying to avoid that at all costs.

My On-Star system had a GPS recall about 9 months ago which I took care of.

Has anyone had a similar problem?

Lee

Reply to
Lee C. Carpenter

Try to 'reset' the system, by disconnecting your positive battery cable for at least 30 minutes. This may save you a trip to the dealer. If this doesn't clear your system and get your 'flashing green' light back, then you have no choice but to go to your dealership and have the service dept check it out.

Jerry H. -- retired GM sales manager

Reply to
Jerry Hamilton