Opening up the dashboard console

Are there any websites with pictures about how to open up the interior dashboard consoles on 2001 Grand Prix? I need to get at the heating/AC fan motor unit. I looked through a Haines manual, and this was one of things it didn't cover.

Yousuf Khan

Reply to
Yousuf Khan

Remove the cover from under the right side of the dash. The blower motor comes out the bottom.

Reply to
hyundaitech

The cover seems to be one piece. BTW, are you talking about the the driver-side or passenger-side when you say right side. I assume it's passenger side.

Yousuf Khan

Reply to
Yousuf Khan

He means the vehicles's right side. In England and Japan that's the driver's side, in the USA that's the passenger side, but it's always the vehicle's right....if you turn right, you go that way. GW

Yousuf Khan wrote:

Reply to
Geoff Welsh

Geography lesson - the country is the UK (comprising of England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland) - England hasn't been a nation state since 1707. England is similar to a state of the USA (say California - most dominant place but people don't call California a country)

Australia also drives on the left side of the road. These countries drive on the left since the Pope dictated that it was friendlier to travellers to move on the right side and, thus keep the most common 'sword arm' facing away (making it harder to draw the sword and fight). Obviously, ancient Britons disagreed with his philosophy!

Reply to
no spam

Yeah, I knew that. But no one talks about Welsh, Scottish or N.Irish automobiles, so I mentioned England. ("drive the new zhag-you-wah"..LOL)

GW

Reply to
Geoff Welsh

Interesting - do people really say "English cars" instead of "British cars"?

Even more wildly off topic: IMHO cars sold in the US market are far more solidly built than British ones. Every year when I went for the Ministry of Transport (MOT) certificate to prove roadworthiness (for every car I had) there was welding involved to sort it. Seems the panels and chassis are thinner - not good when you're sweating about the engine possibly dropping onto the road. I'm way off on a tangent here but, even taking that into consideration, I paid a lot less for car repairs in the UK. I got 'humped' for the petrol/gas cost though.

Reply to
no spam

This cover is -under- the dash. It is held on by push connectors (2 or 3, I believe). It will be visibly different in construction from the main dash. You will need to get on your back and stick your head under the dash to see it.

Reply to
hyundaitech

True enough, but my assumption was that there are not too many Grand Prix's or even Pontiacs in general available in the UK or Japan, therefore not too many right-hand drive versions of them. Anyways, this confirms that it was the passenger side.

Yousuf Khan

Reply to
Yousuf Khan

Okay, I think I've seen those push connectors. I'll let you know what happens.

Yousuf Khan

Reply to
Yousuf Khan