OT - 1957 Plymouth Belvedere To Be UnEarthed

A story about this 1957 Plymouth Belvedere buried in Tulsa, Oklahoma, was posted several months ago, but today (Friday June 15th 2007) is the day the car will be lifted up from 3 feet below ground. The Belvedere was buried in a cement vault in 1957, to be taken out in 50 years.

Here's the official page for the event:

The last article I read said they actually removed the top of the vault a couple of days ago, to check things out (such as the metal supports under the car, used to lift it out) before they try to remove it. They found 3-4 feet of water, which wasn't a good sign, but they say back in 1957 the car was protected with 3 layers of rust/water protectant, so it may just have held together. The car will be removed from the vault at 12pm, and will be put on display at 6:30pm. There are links on the official page to view everything live.

Just wanted to let everyone know, incase it seems of interest to them. I personally, can't wait to see what it will look like after 50 years, and what all is in the car's glove box and trunk.

Reply to
80 Knight