Passlock Bypass (again)

Just wondering what would cause the bypass to trigger the passlock security occasionally. Would it just be because of the fluctuation in temperature altering the resistance? Is it necessary to get automotive relays or are standard ones good enough? Does anyone have any experience with setting the resistance (should it be a little below, right on, or a little higher than the one you measure)? I'm using a potentiometer at the moment, and the car has failed to start on two separate occasions...I had to bypass the bypass to get it back to normal! ;)

Thanks in advance, Nicholas

Reply to
Nicholas Wittebol