Phantom Black Metallic Paint Problems

As I was cleaning my 04 Goat I noticed these little white "dots" on the rear quarter panel and the rear lower spoiler. At first I thought it was something I picked up on the road, but after a couple of washing the "dots" didn't go away. Then I tried this stuff for bugs and road grime without any luck. So I took it down to the Pontiac body shop and was told it was something coming up through the paint. Now they want the car for a couple of days to fix it. Has anyone had any problems with the paint on their 04's? I know this car was made "down under" so I guess the only ones that would have this problem is anyone with a GTO.

I bought it in March and only have 800 miles on it, plus its garaged. So if it needs to be repainted it should match, but I know everytime I look at it i'll notice a difference. I'm so pissed about this, should I ask them to paint the whole car seeing that maybe these "dots" might show up later somewhere else? Any thoughts are welcome........

Thanks BB

Reply to
nO SpAm

Seeing how it's only 2 months old with 8oo miles I think you ought to be able to get it completely repainted. I wonder if there's a service bulletin out on this.

Reply to
FBR

I have the 04 gto purchased in late Feb phantom black metallic. I have not seen any white dots on mine. There are shinny specs to the paint but that is part of the paint. I had mine after market treated with a teflon coating that gave it a nice finish.

Us>As I was cleaning my 04 Goat I noticed these little white "dots" on

Reply to
tbudde

Thanks "T" for your imput, I too had the after market coating put on, at first I thought it could be that, but it wasn't. I was to have it looked at and painted if needed June first, but I ordered the after market Ram Air Twin Scoop Hood with the Air Box and it won't be in till the end of this month and that needs to be painted also. So ill wait till then. In the meantime I called Pontiac and was told if it was a paint problem I could get the whole car painted N/C.

I have a question for you, you said that you wax your car every couple of months or so, doesn't that take off the coating you had put on? Plus doesn't that void the warrantee from the coating company? I waxed the part of the car that had the white spots and I could see where it took off the coating that was applied. I know when I bought the coating sealent the contract said I can get it coated twice a year for the next 5 years and regular washing is all it needs to maintain its shine. Mine too looks like a mirror just by washing and drying it with a chamois then buffing it out with a dust free soft cotton towel.

Oh well ill know by early next month what the paint outcome will be. Plus ill have a new hood to look at too........woohoo...lol. Take care...

BB

Reply to
nO SpAm