PIC/VID SC Man buried in 1973 Pontiac Catalina w/his guns

> Saluda (WLTX) - A Saluda man got his final wish Tuesday, as he was buried in his car with all his guns. > > Lonnie Holloway died Thursday, September 3 after 90 years and friends say he always talked about how he wanted to be buried in his
1973 Catalina. > > Tuesday, Holloway got his final wish. > > The man was buried in his car after a service at Rock Hill Baptist Church in Saluda. Hundreds of onlookers made their final memories with Holloway, snapping picture after picture. > > "This is what Mr. Holloway wanted," said the pastor conducting the graveside service. > > "Amen," responded the attendees. > > A wrecker had to lower the car with a crane to get it in the hole. > > Friends placed all of his guns in the trunk of the car. They tell News19 that he didn't want them to get into the wrong hands, so he wanted to take them with him. > > "He said 'they're going to have me with my hat on, driving down the road' and I said I'm going to be there. That's what he wanted. I know that sounds crazy," said Malcom Jones, a friend of Holloway. > > Holloway got his hair cut at Daniel's Barber Shop every Wednesday and Saturday. Jones says his burial came up frequently in conversation with the men. > > "I hate that he missed it because he talked about it all the time and I told him it'd be something to see," said Jones. > > Holloway's cousin, Leila Dunn, says the unusual burial didn't surprise her because Holloway was a 'stylin and profilin' kind of guy. > > "This was a day everyone should remember," said Dunn. "It went down in history." > > The owner of the wrecker, Rodney Minick, says the funeral home contacted him a year ago to see if he could help with the arrangements when the time came. > > He says he's never buried a man and his car before. > > "It was different, yeah," said Minick. "Maybe this will catch on and more people will do it." > > Friends say Holloway was very generous and left the church some land when he died. >

Video below View the attachments for this post at:

JLA