Ping group

Back on July 12th, I asked a question about the warning lights coming on, falsely, then when I stop & restart, they go away. Now, we have 105K on the car, I do not use it but 1-2 days per week. It rained this past Weds, THurs, Fri, and up to 11am Sat. Very damp & humid, and it has cooled off w frost possible tonight or tomorrow night.The trac light was flickering while driving to store Friday in rain. Saturday, the lights: "trac off", "tire Pressure", and the "abs warning" all came on. They go out when you first start up, then will come back on after driving 5 or so miles. Tire pressure is fine, and tires new enough to give good traction, the abs system is fine, fluid levels ok, etc. Is the computer going on this car? or is the wet weather responsible here? I don't want to, but if this continues, I'd feel like turning these warnings off, like unplugging them..can this be done? Remember, all was ok before the three days of rain. Rich

Reply to
my-name

The "Trac Off" light comes on in my GTP every time it rains, too. Mine used to do what yours is doing... the lights would come on after a few minutes of driving, but go out if you shut the car off and restarted it. I replaced both front wheel speed sensors (broken wires) and now only the "Trac Off" light comes on... and only after a car wash or driving in the rain. I'm guessing it's a bad plug/connector somewhere that's getting wet... but I haven't found it yet.

Reply to
David Courtney

Reply to
Shep

Even if the problem isn't happening at the time? I mean, does it store codes for the ABS stuff even though the light isn't on... otherwise I gotta try to get it in a car wash right before they scan it.

Reply to
David Courtney

Reply to
Shep

I am having similar problems with the ABS on my 2005 GTO. The ABS fault light comes on intermittently. No codes are stored in that situation. Mine finally stored a code for right front wheel speed sensor, when the ABS fault happened during system check on start up. The dealer found a loose wire and corrosion in a connector and thought he had fixed it, but it did the same thing on the way home. So, it is going back in this week.

BTW, the dealer tells me that the traction control will always turn off when you have an ABS fault. Not sure why, but I think it is because the traction control uses wheel speed sensor inputs to determine that a wheel is slipping.

Tom S.

Reply to
Tom S.

Reply to
Shep

Thanks... I'll have to take it in and get it scanned. It drives me nuts... whenever it's slippery out the traction control quits working. >;-(

Reply to
David Courtney