Please help with strange turn signal probs (Grand Am)

Ok, I'm totally frazzled over this. Last week sombody hit my 1994 Grand Am in a parking lot and knocked my front bumper cover off. Some of the turn signal bulbs were broken and/or knocked out during the impact but all of the fixtures seem to be just fine... just no working turn signals after the impact.

I replaced all the bulbs and now they are all just fine except for the fact that my flasher seemed to burn out, either at the impact to the front of the car or it's a weird coincidence. So I just put a new flasher in and all my turn signals work again, flasher, bulbs and all but there's still something strange going on....

When I turn on my headlights, the left blinker indicator in the dash stays a solid green and the front-right blinker (cornering blinker and regular blinker) stay illuminated unless I flip on the turn signals to either direction, at which time they work fine.

I'm stumped here... can anybody help me please? TIA -

Reply to
HDTV-slingr

sounds like a ground wire got broke too me. double check all grounds near the front of the car

Reply to
Scott

Thanks man, will do. Although it would seem weird that all individual bulbs in all various fixtures would work consistently under certain conditions if there was a broken wire (?). Whatchya think? Thanks again for your input :-)

Reply to
HDTV-slingr

Well, I also think it's a ground wire on the front, but make sure your hazard flasher switch is really, really off. That can be real tricky.

Reply to
Joe

Where's the switch you're talking about and how should I go about troubleshooting it? Thanks man...

Reply to
HDTV-slingr

Update for future researchers of this same topic:

I went to Auto Zone and purchased a new turn signal socket for the front left side since that was the impact area despite the original one looking "ok". Problem solved. Thanks to everyone who tried to help :-)

Reply to
HDTV-slingr