Plugged Fuel Filter.

I bought a new gas filter at Chevy and the goodwrench that replaced it last year when he replaced my fuel pump wanted me to bring back the filter I removed. It had 31,000 on it.

When I brought it back he blew into it and said it was restricted.

Restricted with what? Gas seemed to be flowing through it alright. Don't notice any difference with the new one in place.

Possibly it was sediment from dropping the tank?

GM was even nice enough to change the part number on me - no more GF 471

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~283,488 miles_~_~_

~~~The Former Fleet ~~~

Harry Face

well there are 2 filters on the pontiacs....there is one mounted near the rear axle that looks like a small silver cylinder, and then there is a "sock" that is mounted on the bottom of the electric pump in the tank

Reply to
Nascar24Rulz