Pontiac and Mitshibusi - Lots of Help Needed Plz Thx

Thankyou to all in the newsgroup who answer my requests for help over and over again.

1) Grand Prix 2000 3.1. Very cold weather in most of North America and especially here in Alberta. My master key(s) somehow trigger the security system to shut down my friggin car. The Valet key (thank goodness I had one) does not. This puzzles the dealership and local locksmith as well. Please help.

2) My daughters Dodge Avenger is driving me crazy and I am in the middle of a cash flow problem - thus, I am asking the group again for help. Low mileage, good battery, 5W oil, block heater. Even when plugged in in moderatly cold weather all night (say -21C), the car is extremely hard starting. I am very suspicious of the block heater but two mechanics have checked out the vehicle and say its a great car in great condition. One suggested certain engines have a very efficient / tigtht piston constructon (blah blah). I have trouble buying this if the block heater is working (as they say it is) and on all night. Do you guys think the engine type/efficiency thing is possible ?

Thanx Again for any comments. Fud

Reply to
Fud

"Fud" wrote

I have trouble buying that notion too. I wonder how they tested the block heater? I usually measure the resistance with an ohm meter, an average block heater seems to run around the 25-35 ohm range.

Can you hear the block heater working after you have plugged it in? Almost every block heater I've encountered, will make a hissing/boiling type noise within about 30 seconds.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_Kai

Personally, on a MitsoShitty I don't find anything surprising. ( except 300,000 km of trouble free driving)

Reply to
clare