Pontiac Delco stereo stuck at SEC. Help!!

Hi all,

I own a 98 Pontiac Grand Prix GT. I had recently had my car battery replaced, which caused by stereo to "LOC".

I tried the following unlock procedure:

  1. Press and hold presets 2 & 3 for about 10 seconds until the first 3 digits of the 6 digit display code are displayed (If it displays 4 digits you have a 4 digit code so, skip step 3)
  2. Write the numbers down.
  3. Press the AM FM button, write down the next 3 numbers
  4. Call 1-800-537-5140, when asked, enter 206010, (the 2 is a Pontiac dealer, the 06010 is his ID number) press the �*� button and enter the 4 or 6 digit code from the radio, you will get an unlock code, write it down.

At the end of it, the display changed to "SEC", but it is stuck at SEC. There is also a cd inside the player. According the the manual, as soon as the display changes to SEC, the stereo should be operational. But it didn't happen for me. I don't know if it is to do with the cd stuck inside. Is there a way to get the stereo to normal operation mode?

Please help. Thanks.

Austin.

Reply to
Austin