Pontiac Lemans Heating Question......

Hi all, I have a 1988 Pontiac Lemans. The engine is a 1.6 L and it has a automatic transmission.

Anyways the problem is I have no heat, I mean none it has been a long time problem since I aquired the car.

Here is the history on the car, The engine has just about 20000 miles on a rebuild and is properly tuned (timing included) and always starts and runs great even in negative weather. The heater core is new (within a year) and is not plugged, I have blown through it and no clogs less then a month ago. The thermostat was replaced a week ago (before it had no heat and still does not). The temp on the thermostat is a 192 degree one (oem). The water pump is also new since the old one (which was new at the rebuild whined) so I replaced it just because. I have replaced and checked the most common reasons for no heat. I have checked all the above plus fan motor, intake, and exhasut pipes and all are well.

Now the factory service manual, mentions to double check the heater selector lever at the heater core box (can't remember specific enclosure name) and to back fill the heater core with fluid.

Does anyone else have any other suggestions?

Because I am going to be doing this in 20 degree weather at best and was hoping to solve it this attempt. So all ideas will be helpful.

Thanks in advance, Chris

Reply to
Chris Gray

Sounds like the temp selector is not sending air through the heater core. Check the temp control switch, and make sure the baffle is not broken.

Reply to
98 Camaro