Pontiac Trans Sport 2.3

I'm about to buy a bigger car and there's a Pontiac Trans Sport 2.3

7-seater available for a reasonable price. What's your opinion about this car? What are the most common technical problems? The car I'm looking for is fairly old, model 1993, so I'm expecting to have some repairs to be done in the near future but it would be nice to know what there might be.

Yours Kai

Reply to
kmm

Kai,

Where are you from? I ask this because the Trans Sport 2,3 is not sold in many countrys. I know only cars here in Holland and in Germany. They were sold bij Opel in Europe.

You can learn a lot about these cars on our German forum

It is in German, but you can find a lot of information there.

I drive a 2,3 Trans Sport and have a lot of fun with it. Have a good look on the atomatic levelling-system and many cars in Europe get motor-damage because of fast driving. The 2,3 Quad-4 motor has 137 hp and is not designed for speeding with the 1700 kg-car.

Greetings from Holland Schimpie.

Reply to
Schimpie

Schimpie kirjoitti:

Hi Schimpie

I'm from Finland, we too have 2,3 Trans Sports. I believe you replied to my first post where I asked opinions about this car, well I bought it and have driven the car for a few weeks now. The car is old and have of course some faults but nothing serious I hope. It has left me on the road only four times ;). At least it's not rusty. Here in Finland they use salt to keep roads ice-free in the wintertime, so cars get rust wery easily.

Thanks for the forum-tip. I now have a good reason to improve my german!

Kai

Reply to
kmm