Pontiac Vibe

I have a question. By the end of 2010 the Pontiac label will be phased out completely, but where does that leave the vibe. The vibe is probably one of Pontiac's best selling cars. I know the stupid thing is made with Toyota parts, but it has been benefiting GM since 2003. My wife has one and loves it. Hers has all wheel drive with every power option except sunroof. She loves the car and wanted to trade it in to get a new one. I told her that probably wouldn't be a great idea considering it will eventually need parts and there just simply won't be any. I heard that they were gonna take the same basic car and re- badge it as a chev? Is this true? They are excellent little cars. Great on gas, practical, smart, stylish and reliable. I don't know, maybe its just me. Someone help me out!

Reply to
camryguy

News has it thatthe NUMMI plant in California where the Vibe and the Toyta Matrix (essentially identical except for trim) is being shuttered. There are 2010 Vibes for sale, I believe. I'm sure that parts will be around for many years. Note that the new Vibes are under the same throttle linkage recall as the Matrix, which may allow for some bargaining from Pontiac dealers.

I have 2003 Vibe GT that I like very much. This high revving version of the Vibe is no longer available.

Reply to
Bruce W. Ellis

I have a 2005 that we do like, but two issues plague us that won't go away.

1.) Both Front Left and Front Right windows have fallen down several times each. Each time the dealer tries this or that with glue. It is always temporary, and we try to never open those wndows. I bet I've spent $1000 on numerous repairs at both a Chevy and a Pontiac dealer. They say that if it happens again, we need a whole new window assembly.

2.) This car has always had an off-idle hesitation followed by a surge. Pulling into traffic can get exciting at times. The dealer says this is normal. It did get better after I installed a better battery, but the problem is still there.

So to wrap, any Vibe owners have these issues, and if so have they been fixed?

Jim

Reply to
JC

There was a recall on the window problem. It covered my 2003. I don't know if the recall included the 2005. I never had any window problems on my power windows. Are yours power or manual? In any event, it shouldn't cost $1000 to fix it.

That doesn't sound normal to me. Neither my 2003 or a friends Vibe (a

2006 I think) have had this problem and I haven't heard any reports in this group about hesitation. The dealer is probably giving you the run around. Your problem sounds like a fuel supply problem. Find a good independent garage and have them look at it. Cartalk.com has listener evauluations of mechanics/garages by area.

Good luck. Bruce

Reply to
TOF