Pontiac Vibe Armrest

Greetings,

We own a 2005 Pontiac Vibe and are disappointed with the center console armrest. I am looking to replace it with the armrest/lid (aka - "door") from one of the earlier models that is taller. I have looked online and the prices for a new unit range from $190.00 - $210.00 but that is more than I'd like to spend.

Does anyone have a source for this part where I can get it much cheaper?

Cheers - Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan

Go here:

and search under "interior parts" and under whatever year, 2003-2004. You can easily get what you need for under $100.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Mackie

Go to Toyota.com and look up part 58905-02210-BI, Door Sub A. It's about $70, and is the exact part you need. I have a 2005 Vibe as well, after trading in my 2003, and found this info on one of the car talk message boards.

Melissa

Reply to
Melissa

Thanks to everyone for the replies. I found the lid/armrest for the

2003-2004 Matrix at
for only $43.00.

Amazing how the exact same part for the 2003-2004 Pontiac Vibe was a whopping $190.00 at its cheapest! Same part, even the exact same diagram with the exact same numbers and descriptions on the diagram and everything. I guess it pays to shop around...

Thanks again - Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan

Wow, thanks for posting that! I had never gotten around to ordering mine. Your link is $30 cheaper than from the Toyota site.

Melissa

everything.

Reply to
Melissa

OK I'm interested here. When I plug in that part number 58905-02210-BI into the Toyota web site, it doesn't recognize that part number. Any ideas? Maybe I'm doing something wrong like "everybody except me knows that all Toyota part numbers begin with 'T'. Any help would be appreciated. tnx..

Jim

Reply to
JC

Don't jump too fast...

I just received my new armrest today and it was the new "short" style and not the older "tall" style that was shown on the web page. I will be contacting the parts company on Monday and making arrangements to return what they sent and send me what they listed in the diagram on the page. I'll let you know what happens.

Cheers - Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan