Pontiac Vibe Armrest - Update

Greetings,

To any and all who have a remote interest in replacing the "short" style armrest in their late model Pontiac Vibe with one of the "tall" style armrests, here is the latest and greatest news.

Searching for the tall armrest from Pontiac and GM parts websites indicated that the very cheapest I could get this part for was over $190.00 plus shipping, and the average price I found was over $220.00. However, you can buy this exact same part for a 2003 Toyota Matrix from Mechanicsville Toyota for only $69.78 plus $9.00 shipping (Total = $78.78).

The part number you need is 58905-02210-B1 and comes in charcoal gray. FYI - The part number for the short style is 58905-02220-B1.

The phone number for Mechanicsville Toyota is (804) 559-8000. They are located in Mechanicsville, VA.

Their website is

but if you use this website you should search by part number and do not order the part from the diagram after entering the make, model and year of the vehicle and hunting around for it using the links on the side of the page - they will send you the short style (they did this to me) because although the diagram shows the tall style the part number in the database is for the short one. Search by part number and you will find the one you want, but the website quotes a price of $72.94. If you call them directly then you can save a few dollars and get it for $69.78.

This is by far the cheapest price I found for this part new. Even a used one from a wrecked car was selling on eBay for $69.00.

The tall style armrest offers a more comfortable height for your arm plus additional storage inside the double-hinged lid. It comes completely assembled, and uses the same two screws that hold on the original lid for mounting. Removing the old lid and installing the new one takes only 5 minutes and a phillips screwdriver (the shorter the better). This upgrade made a world of difference in comfort for me and my wife, and eliminates the need to drop your shoulder to rest your arm on the center console.

Hope this helps.

Cheers - Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan

Thanks for the update Jonathan. I printed out the info so I wouldn't lose it.

Melissa

Reply to
Melissa

I know this thread is older, but I ordered the armrest as well.

Just as you said........perfect fit and color. Easy to change. Good price as well.

Shipping to my house was $9. Reasonable for UPS delivery.

Thanks for all the info. Much more comfortable in my '05.

Larry

2004 Vibe 2005 Vibe
Reply to
Dittie McGrittie